Grand Opening Day, May 12, 2012

Grand Opening Day, May 12, 2012
ALL SET UP FOR CAMPING!!

Friday, January 10, 2014

1962 JEWEL TRAVEL TRAILER GETS A NEW LEASE ON LIFE

I spotted this little gem while horseback riding through a field this past summer and I knew she needed a new, loving home!  She sat alone amongst the sagebrush and weeds until the owner happened by one lucky day.  
"Is it for sale"....
                          "Well, I guess so" and so, I dragged her home and we went to work...
                             
Generally in good shape...time to prep for a new paint job!


When I decorate, I look for an inspirational piece...
this great sign was it!




Interior starts to get a paint job...not too certain of my color choice yet...

         just wait...




              




I absolutely LOVE her new color!!

           Next comes some much needed buffing to remove many years of oxidization - it's harder than it looks and yes, I did my fair share of it!!


 

After a color change on the upper cupboards and some interior re-construction, the carpet goes in...

visit again soon for her full finished debut as she joins the
 Cowgirl Cabin fleet of vintage rental trailers!

6 comments:

  1. i appreciate your work and it really give a challenging experiences.
    camper Hire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that trailer is getting a total transformation! It looks amazing! I would definitely rent something like that for a fun weekend trip. I don't know if they have cool trailer rental like that in my area, but I'll sure look! Thiago | http://www.55rental.com/truck-trailer-moving-supplies.asp

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of hard work you put into fixing that trailer up. It looks amazing after the changes. Now that is camping in style.
    http://www.mountviewrentals.com/en/10_man_camp.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the wonderful blog. It is indeed informative and useful We are into the same business. For know more about us, please visit Coromal Element B626 today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your business is pretty intriguing to me. Please tell me how it works. Do you have the trailers set up in an area where you rent them out, or do you rent them to people who then pull them away for a trip? Then again do you have planned caravans where you travel together . . . I'm very curious because I sometimes visit the Bend area :)
    Your new blogging sister, Connie :)
    P.S. Come on over and visit my blog; I would love to have you as a mutual follower.

    ReplyDelete